Thank you for being one of our most loyal readers. Please consider supporting community journalism by subscribing.
The following incidents were reported by Butner Public Safety:
• An assault was reported at 1209 Rotterdam Lane. Benito Mojarro Luna, 44, of Creedmoor, was arrested and charged with assault on a female. Luna was issued no bond and placed in the Granville County Detention Center.
• Littering was reported at Butner Sports Arena, 416 24th St. A citation was issued to Jalem William Moss, 22, of Butner, charging him with littering.
• Property damage was reported at Best Western, 2578 West Lyon Station Road. Someone allegedly damaged a door on a vehicle.
• A criminal summons was served on David Proctor, 37, of Butner, for littering. Proctor was issued a court date and ordered to appear in court.
• David Chad Tingen, 39, of Stem, was arrested and charged with larceny by employee and obtaining property by false pretenses. Tingen was issued a $40,000 secured bond and placed in the Granville County Detention Center.
• A hit-and-run was reported at Rosemart, 2572 West Lyon Station Road. Someone allegedly struck a trailer and left the scene.