Thank you for being one of our most loyal readers. Please consider supporting community journalism by subscribing.
The following incidents were reported by Butner Public Safety:
• Trespassing was reported at El Rio, 316 Central Ave. As a result of the incident, Jessie Lee Burnette, 62, of Butner, was arrested and charged with first-degree trespassing. Burnette was issued a $2,000 secured bond and placed in the Granville County Detention Center.
• Property damage was reported at Piedmont Park, 104 24th St. Someone allegedly damaged the rear window on a vehicle.
• A hit-and-run was reported on Gate #2 Road at I-85. Someone allegedly struck a vehicle then left the scene.
• Keith Devon Laney, 28, of Durham, was arrested during a traffic stop and charged with possession of heroin and possession of cocaine. Laney was issued a $10,000 secured bond and placed in the Granville County Detention Center.
• A larceny was reported at Butner Presbyterian Church, 310 16th St. Someone allegedly stole a cell phone.
• A breaking and entering into a motor vehicle was reported at Altec, 1550 Aerial Ave. Someone allegedly entered an unlocked motor vehicle and went through all the compartments. Nothing was reported stolen during the incident.
• Counterfeit money was reported at Dollar General, 1605 Highway 56. Someone allegedly passed a counterfeit $20 bill.
• Koree Dytwayne White, 29, of Creedmoor, was arrested and charged with possession of a stolen motor vehicle. He also had an outstanding fugitive warrant from Virginia for larceny of a motor vehicle, breaking and entering, and assault. White was issued a $20,000 secured bond and placed in the Granville County Detention Center. During the same incident, Tyrik Terry Bullock, 21, of Creedmoor, was arrested and charged with resist, delay, and obstruct. Bullock was issued a $500 secured bond and placed in the Granville County Detention Center.
• Fraud was reported in the 300 block of 10th Street. Someone allegedly used credit card information to make a purchase over the internet.
• Ashley Nicole Spiroff, 32, of Butner, was arrested for an outstanding fugitive warrant from West Virginia for probation violation. Spiroff was issued no bond and placed in the Granville County Detention Center.